Florida Amendment 8 and 9
My view on.
Amendment 8 – was already removed from the ballot
Amendment 9 – Prohibits Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling, and Prohibits Vaping In
enclosed Indoor Workplaces.
Another “Bundled” Amendment with two unrelated topics. Again you may feel strongly about both topics, In my opinion both these items should be handled by the Legislature and State Laws and not in the Constitution.
A YES vote will
- Ban Oil and Gas drilling beneath Florida State Waters (not Federal Waters)
- Exempt shipments of oil and gas on Florida waters.
- Add Constitution restrictions to electronic vaping devices, mirroring the same Constitutional restrictions as smoking.
- Exempt the use of indoor vaping for homes, bars, retailor and hotel rooms
- Allow local government to regulate the use of vaping devices
A NO vote will
- Will keep the ban from the Constitution but NOT change the current State laws that already ban Oil and Gas drilling in Florida waters
- Allow the Florida legislature to control the state ban on this drilling or change the ban in the future if necessary.
- Keep the control of vaping devises out of the Constitution and under the control of the State legislature by creating state laws.
As always knowledge is POWER, educate yourself and vote according to your conscience but VOTE